The gaming world has expanded ten-fold in the last decade, with games such as League of Legends and Dota 2 pulling in thousands of players every day. The latest game on the block is Fortnite, that boasts nearly 40 million players. You’d think such a massive game is bound to be the most played game of all time. Fact is, Fortnite doesn’t even make the list. Out-doing Fortnite is a popular sandbox game, that began as a simple concept, but the player’s creativity has propelled it into being the most sold PC game of all time: Minecraft.
Minecraft is one of the most popular games in the world, if not the most popular, with the new head of the Minecraft team Helen Chiang reporting that the game set a new record, reaching a whopping 74 million active players in the month of December 2017. Over 144 million copies of the game have been sold and Helen says that the record set by Minecraft is December is a testament to players returning to the game, bringing in new players with them to check out the new updates that Minecraft has been pushing out to its players. The number of players has been constant throughout 2018, and even in the first month of 2019, Minecraft has been able to boast huge numbers. Users are returning to Minecraft over and over again as the virtual world expands and continues to challenge for the title of the most played game in the world. While catching Tetris, which is the most played game in the world, having sold over 400 million copies seems near impossible, if Minecraft continues on its meteoric rise, it can very well challenge Tetris within the next decade.
Minecraft exists on all major consoles, including Android and iOs devices. However, Minecraft is paid, costing about 479.56₹ on the Indian Google Play Store. For a one time purchase, that’s a substantial amount, especially if you’re just looking to try out the game and don’t know if you’ll like the game or not. If you’ve played the game before, go ahead and buy it and enjoy Minecraft on your handheld device to play it on the go. However, if you’re just looking to try the game before you buy it, read on, as in this article we will provide you with the link to download Minecraft APK for your Android device, and provide you with a tutorial on how to install and run the game.
What is Minecraft apk and Where can I find it?
Minecraft apk is the Android version of the popular PC game Minecraft. It is basically a sandbox game, that allows players to build structures with different materials. Players have to break down their environment in order to gain materials, which they can then use to build and create their own world in a huge landscape. Online players have been known to create vast worlds, working together and building mammoth structures.
Mods have also been introduced into the game, while the developers themselves have added some interesting modes such as survival, creative, adventure, spectator and hardcore, giving players a variety of options to chose from, such as playing the game to survive an onslaught of monsters during the night while gathering resources and building themselves shelter during the day, or having all resources, weapons and monsters at their disposal to create a world of their own to challenge their building and creative skills.
From personal experience of playing the game, I can say that once you get accustomed to the controls of the game and how to make your way about, Minecraft is one the best and most fun games you will ever play. The players you meet online are fun to work together with, and some can help you jump through the first hoops of playing the game. Now that you have a basic idea of what the game is, we can carry on with this article and provide you with the download link for Minecraft APK, it features and even provides you with a tutorial as to how you should install Minecraft APK on your Android device.
Features and Requirements of Minecraft APK
Minecraft is similar to most of the games available in the market today, however just to be sure that your device will support Minecraft, we have the list of requirements as mentioned by the official Minecraft Pocket Edition site listed for you below –
- All versions of Minecraft work on Android version 4.2 and above, however, earlier versions have been known to support Android versions as far back as Android 2.1. While it is rare to find a device that stills runs this version of Android, for people out there using such older devices, you too can play Minecraft smoothly and enjoy the virtual world of creativity!
- Minecraft needs only 12.5 MB of storage space on your device and will ask before saving any maps to your device. Even with saving maps, the maximum space Minecraft can take up on your device is just 1 GB, no more than that.
- A data connection is preferred, but not necessary to play Minecraft. While playing with other users, you will require a data connection to connect to different lobbies and download different maps, however, while working on your own virtual world, you do not need an internet connection and can store your progress to your device offline, and upload it to the servers later.
- While porting the entirety of the PC game into an Android device is next to impossible, the Minecraft team has done an amazing job of keeping the pocket edition, that is, Minecraft APK for Android just as adventurous and fun. Below, we cover the main feature of Minecraft APK –
- Marketplace – This is a feature very similar to the Steam community workshop, where you can browse through the latest creations and can download unique maps, skins and texture packs from creators you follow and also discover new creations for new creators.
- Slash Commands – Very much like the console in the PC version of the game, you can put in certain commands to change the way the game plays, i.e. you can alter the time of day, summon mobs, give items away, etc.
- Add-Ons – Customize your experience even further with free Add-Ons, and if you’re looking to create your own content packs, this game even gives you the option to modify in-game behavior so you can do so!
- Multiplayer – You can play with up to 4 friends using a free Xbox Live account, and can also join servers and play with thousands of other people. You can discover new worlds controlled by the community, compete in mini-games and socialize with new people in various lobbies.
Free Download Minecraft APK to your Android device
Before downloading Minecraft APK to your Android device, make sure that your browser allows you to download files from unknown sources. Also, make sure that your device allows you to install applications from unknown sources. These are the most common two errors that users run into while trying to download and install Minecraft APK on their Android device. Once you make sure b0th these requirements are met, proceed with the steps given below to download and install Minecraft APK on your Android device –
- Use the link below to download Minecraft APK to your Android device. To keep your privacy, we suggest using a VPN to download the apk file to your Android device.
- Once downloaded, make your way to the downloads section of your Android browser, and click on the apk file to begin the installation procedure of Minecraft APK to your device.
- Now click install and wait for the installation procedure to complete.
- Click on done once the installation procedure is complete, then navigate to your application list and you can find Minecraft in the list.
- Open the Minecraft apk, and now you can enjoy creating new worlds in the virtual world and play with your friends using the same version of Minecraft and work together to create and operate your very own virtual world, full of mini-games and exciting new adventures!
If you still run into any problems, proceed further into our troubleshooting section to search for possible fixes for your error.
Troubleshooting errors encountered while Installing Minecraft APK
Not to worry, in order to overcome any errors you might face while downloading, installing or using the Minecraft APK, you can use the following solutions-
- To solve any compatibility issues, download an earlier version of Minecraft APK to your Android device and install it. Now re-open the application, and you will find that the application works flawlessly, taking care of any compatibility errors.
- To overcome any error you face while installing the app, or while using the app, use one of the three methods mentioned below –
- Download any VPN app from the Google Play Store and connect to a VPN network and try re-downloading the Minecraft APK from the links provided in this article.
- Enter app information and reset the permissions and preferences of the app, and restart the app, this should resolve any issues related to the permissions and preferences required by the application to work.
- Clear data and cache of the app from the application information and also check whether there is an update available for the application. If so, download the update and install it. This should take away any errors that occur due to using an old version of the application.
Our Final Opinion on Minecraft APK
The game is one of the best available for Android devices, its modes are extremely fun and creative, and with the link from our article, you can try out the game for yourself for absolutely free! So go crazy and dive into this sandbox game and create your own virtual world full of mini-games and challenges that you can enjoy with your friends and loads of new people online!